Monday, December 11, 2017

My Time is Now (Genre Reflection #2)


 Their futures
in my hands.
The significance is just now
getting to me.
Changing me.
Making me see.
I’ll help them break free.

How will I do it?


Will they realize
the hours and tears
the hard work and fears
all for them?

I hope they’ll know
that I have their best
interests at heart
wanting to impart
the wisdom I know.
The things that I’ll show
the places we’ll go
the books that we’ll read
the knowledge we’ll seek.

It’s all for them.

Their skills will take them far
and I’m just one little stop
on this journey that can’t be topped.
I still hope and pray
that the things that I’ll say
will stick with them.
Make a difference.

I’ve learned a lot
and now I’ll take my shot
to teach with all that I’ve got.


My time is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment